Monday, September 11, 2017

Cardinal Innovation Center Today: Social Media Posse Live Tweets 1st Football Game



At the Sydney Google Certified Innovator Academy, the best feedback I received was to scale down my project. I was advised by coaches and cohort members to focus only on a few of the many layers of this project to start. One of layers I decided to focus on was the Cardinal Innovation Center Social Media Posse. The purpose of this layer is to empower students to build a positive school culture with social media. 

The soul of the Cardinal Innovation Center is to empower students. I chose to focus on this layer because it is one of the most student-driven layers in the project. Most other layers require much of my own time and effort. To get this layer up and running, I recruited an 11th grader, David, whom I have had the pleasure of knowing since he was in the 1st grade. David (@dmagana559) stepped up to the plate and spent a few hours with me learning to live tweet a football game. That is American Football for my foreign friends.

On September 8, 2017, I gave David access to the school's Twitter account (@orosihs) and gave him free reign to live tweet the game versus Granite Hills High School. 


For being a first time live tweeter covering a sporting event, David did quite well. Using a growth mindset, David knows he can and will improve. To see a record of David's maiden voyage with the Cardinal Social Media Posse, click here to access the tweets via Storify.

For more on the Cardinal Innovation Center Social Media posse, please follow David (@dmagana559), Orosi High School (@orosihs) and myself (@techcoachjuarez) on Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment