Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Blogger Trick for Embedding in Google Sites


As my website, www.techcoachjuarez.com, has evolved, I have looked for ways to integrate this blog on my site.  Not being a code expert or website builder ninja, I stumbled across a simple way to embed this blog onto my site.


Here's how I did it:

  1. Open your blog
  2. Right click in the top margin
  3. Select view page source
  4. The page source code appears in a new window.  
  5. Use CTRL A to select all
  6. Use CTRL C to copy
  7. Open your Google Site and the page your would like to embed your blog
  8. Click the Edit button
  9. Go to Insert > HTML Box
  10. Use CTRL V to paste the code
  11. Click Save
  12. Click Save (blue button) to save your progress and view your blog on that page in your site
This isn't an RSS feed.  It won't update automatically with each new blog post. You will have to repeat this process to update the website with the newest blog posts.

I am sure there is another, better and more efficient way to do this, but this is what has worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment