Monday, June 26, 2017

Musings of a Tech Coach: Crowdsourcing


Crowdsourcing can be defined as the practice of obtaining information or input into a task or project by enlisting the services of a large number of people, either paid or unpaid, typically via the Internet. Crowdsourcing is something we often do without even thinking about it. In the EdTech world, crowdsourcing is your best friend. EdTech moves, evolves and changes very rapidly and it is impossible to be up to date on all strategies, platforms, devices, programs and apps. 

For those of you who are new to the concept of crowdsourcing, here is a little, recent testimonial from my personal experience. 

Flipgrid is a new app/program that I am completely unfamiliar with. I hear people raving about out in the Twitterverse all the time. I could do my own research and look for tutorials, but knowing so many people in PLN who are familiar with it, why not ask them? Why not pick their brains about the successes and failures of their experience with Flipgrid? 

I did, and the responses and resources were swift, helpful and dynamic.

Below are the responses to my crowdsourcing Tweet inquiring for help on Flipgrid.











Within a day, I got all these response chalkful with tips, links to resources, links to blogs and more. At this point, I still have not gotten through them all, but crowdsourcing allowed me to access curated resources for my wonderful PLN. The next time you need help with something EDU or EdTech, crowdsource to your PLN. Even better, crowdsource to your students. If you don't know how do something techie, you likely have students in your room who can help. Empower them and watch your, and their, learning grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment