Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Google Docs: What the CTRL+F!?! Here's a little tip for teachers and students when writing academic papers. As I was finalizing the reference section on my Master's thesis, I wanted a quick and easy way to make sure all the sources I referenced were also cited in-text. CTRL+F came to my rescue. Instead of going word for word looking for authors' last names, I pushed the keyboard command CTRL+F and a magic little search box appeared. In the magic search box, I typed the name of the author and it highlighted the parts of my paper where I wrote those names. It quickly took me to the part of the paper where I wrote those names. What a life saver. Next time you're typing an scholarly paper in Google Docs, remember this trick when doing final edits. I am glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment